Continuing with our mini series of Precision Pioneers, Patrick is joined by Phil Vickers, President and CEO at Faze Medicines. Phil discusses his career, including his time with companies such as Merck and Shire Pharmaceuticals.
Topics discussed include:
- The differences between drug development in common and rare disease
- The unique and patient-centric approach to rare disease research at Shire
- How genomics has impacted drug development in the past 20 years
- How to balance affordability of new medicines with company profitability and continued R&D investment
- The role of 'platforms' in drug development, including both technology platforms and 'knowledge' platforms